Saturday, April 30, 2011

Why Now.........

So I'm two years post op and most people start their blogs at the beginning of their journey, not toward the end. I have toyed with the idea and even suggested it to others. I didn't think I needed it since I am the woman who has always carried around a journal and wrote out her feelings. But lately, God has put people and situations in my path that led me here.

Today I attended a seminar at the bariatric center where I had my surgery. There was an alumni meet & greet and I was asked to be on an alumni panel with three other individuals and answer questions from other patients who had questions about we handled things or were struggling in their journey. After the alumni panel we also went and answered questions for pre-op patients after their initial surgical seminar. When answering their questions and sharing my experience it made me realize a few things:

  • I'm enjoying paying it forward to others as it was paid forward to me by many individuals I came in contact with on OH. Many of these woman who have become close friends and confidants!
  • OMG! I need to be following my own damn advice! I'm sitting on this stool telling this poor woman why she hasn't lost any weight in months and I'm listing the bandster rules to her and I'm asking myself if I've followed them more than one day this week myself!
  • WOW! This is an empowering feeling to be sitting up here and having others look at me as successful because some days I sure as hell don't feel it!
  • And lastly, how can I continue to feel that empowered rush and keep myself focused on the goal~Why I'll start a blog & share my experiences with Banderella!
And yes, my band really does have a name! About 4 months into my journey I named her! She became Banderella very quickly and many friends know what I'm referring to when I say she's being a diva bitch today! And well, I had to make her a living part of me since I plan for us to be together for a very long time to come!

So here it is, my beginning quest to pay it forward to those just starting out their banded life, those recommitting, those who just need a place to come to know they aren't alone & most of all a place for me to keep myself accountable & get back on track.

Day One of beginning this journey anew~will you join me? Tomorrow I will share some tidbits from today's seminar regarding Emotional Eating! Are you an emotional eater? I most certainly am for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment